Assume-To take for granted, or without proof; to suppose as a fact; to suppose or take arbitrarily or tentatively.
Today I want to share some truths that I had to discuss with my kids last Friday. We haven’t attended church on a regular basis up until now, so I had completely forgotten what the church atmosphere can be like at times. Here are 12 things you never assume about church.
1) Never assume that everyone in church will welcome you or your calling.
2) Never assume that everyone that goes to church has your best intentions in mind.
3) Never assume that everyone that goes to church is going to be friendly.
5) Never let just anyone lay hands on you or pray with you. Someone with a wrong spirit can defile you if you let them pray or lay hands on you.
6) Never let just anyone prophesy on you. Words are power and words spoken in a wrong spirit or out of timing can defile you.
9) Never assume that everyone who goes to church is a nice Christian; there ARE wolves in sheep’s clothing going to church right along side with you.
10) Never assume that the people in leader ship like the pastors and the elders see or hear everything that is going on. They are after all, human like all of us.
11) Never assume that everyone who goes to church loves and serves the same God you do. There are people in church who serve their own version of God. Jesus said we would be known by our fruit (or lack thereof) so become a fruit inspector. 🙂
12) Just because someone sits in a garage doesn’t make them a car; in the same way, don’t assume that everyone who attends church is a Christian.
If you keep these things in mind, then your church going experience might be pleasant. I have met some of the nicest people out side of church and I have met some of the meanest people inside the church walls.
“I am a bit too worldly for the religious. And I’m a bit too religious for the worldly.” -Phil Keaggy, Musician